:: AIESEC LC UB - 2010/2011 ::

Thursday, April 3, 2008

APXLDS story by Edja

Hey AIESEC!

Hi, I hope this finds you well. I'm writing this on the lobby of APXLDS venue in Narita. Spending my 500 Y for 24 hours internet access. After this 3 days in APX, I decided to tell my stories to you.

"I am glad that I decided to attend this APXLDS. The delegation is so great. We have delegates from Germany, Mainland China, India (the highest rank countries in Xs), USA, Poland, Turkey, Singapore, Taiwan, HK and other growing countries, like Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. The Facis, or they called themselves the Storytellers, are great! We have Gabiza (PAI current), Dey as Chair (PAI 0607), and people form AI, current and elect. It's amazing!

It is quite embarrassing to put AIESEC Indonesia achievements besides Germany, India, and Mainland of China. We are nothing compared to them. Especially from China which established not so long ago (6 or so years). One of their LCs (not the best one), has 88 exchanges last year and they are just 3 years old. I was amazed. These guys rocks! I start thinking how smart this people is and that it's good to have your country growing rapidly. But that is not the point.

During discussions, I found that actually, we are as smart as them. What we are thinking in terms of strategy and initiatives is just like what we're thinking. So, what makes them grow so fast and we're not.

I started to reflect and the answer, I think, it's because we're rarely push ourselves to the limit. Rarely achieving what we should have achieved and often compromising with it. Try to reason why we cannot achieve it.

I would like us to reflect on what Gabiza said in the beginning of the conference, "AIESEC exists in this world right now is to make a relevant impact. The high volume of AIESEC XP that we want to achieve it's the number of agent of change that want to create to give the positive impact that we always talking about. It is us, everyone of us who living our AIESEC Experience. 2010 and all our future goals it's not about the numbers itself. It's about you and me creating our experiences in AIESEC. Getting through different stages of AIESEC XP to grow. To make relevancies in this world. It's about you and me empowering each one of us in completing our AIESEC XP. It is us who decide whether we will be in those numbers or not."

AIESEC Experience is our experience. All the impacts that we want to create will be created if only we decide to create it. If only we decide to take action on our ideas. AIESECers in those countries with tremendous numbers of Xs and growth are people who are dare to take actions, to face challenges, to be ambitious, to take risks and learn from their failures and passionate for change."

So this my stories so far. How will your stories looks like? Stories with full of achievement and impactful experience or just so stories? Tell me yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

put your comments just right here: