:: AIESEC LC UB - 2010/2011 ::

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life as an EB - Episode Finance

Who am I before finally I met AIESEC? Aci was very energetic person who always spend my time to do ‘fun’ things. Well,, although it not destructive, it not gives the positive impact to me, my self, and generally to the society. Finally I found AIESEC. I’m not well-motivated when joined in this organization. I just follow the things that all of my-gank did. But, after I’m totally involved in little project (being OC On-Site) I started to learn many things,, stepped out from my comfort zone. The zone that always suitable from me where everything changed based on the things that I like. But, in here,, I realized that there something that I can’t pushed to, to become something that I like. I started to have a competition to have quotas to join natcon,, became OC, etc. Well, although it’s not comfort (and my friend became lost member caused by this >.<) ,, but I’m sure that there’s something different in this organization,, where everyone can spend their time to do both serious things and ‘crazy things’ together. I’m just moved on and it brought me until became an EB.

I’m totally inexperienced when I’m applied this position. I never have highest leadership experience before this. I just believe of what I have,, Commitment. But mas Rama, as an LCP trusted me and trust his team that ever underestimated (because we’re consist of inexperience team) and look!! We’ve made it!! I have much-much experienced during this 6 month. From my recovery of healthiness experience (worked under pressure in unfit condition and ran out of deadline in NPM—and see? I can overcame this..),, the experience to keep in track (to not lost in the middle of the time, to keep consistent and sustain—especially in finance,, give the accountability of what I have did,, attended lots exhausted meeting),, the experience to work in team as the member and also the leader of my team (the experience to control emotion because of the disagreement of something, to view something from different perspective, to position our self in other side,, to more tolerant and strict.. well.. I’m very lucky to join this EB team,, I love EB UB!! Sekar-the patient.. Guin- the Genius,, Deasy-the mama,, Okta-the soldier,, Valen-the feminine,, Indra-the warm full,, and mas Rama- the father,, and also my Finance team.. GO FINANCE!!) And the most important experience,, increasing leadership value in me. This organization always moved on.. Revoluting every time,, I as the part of this have to continuously develop to survive in very tight competition. It learned my one thing. I have to trust to my ability.. I have to be confident and sure about what I did.. Because without this confident and trust,, I will not move.. (There is no fault in learning process, right?? It does all about be brave and be proactive of what we trusted & believe.. Don’t think about what will other say about our crazy idea..) Well, although I’m not totally developed to be a perfect leader, but I think I’m already changed,, become better person.. Become optimistic person.. (I’m finally ridded the motorcycle again!!- Yippee!! It’s prove of increased the sense of confident in me.. ^.^) Because we are here,, selected to be a change agent in a platform to discover and develop our potential called AIESEC. So,, what are you afraid of? Be Proactive,, Dare to be an EB!! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

put your comments just right here: